(November 1, 2018)
Who is responsible for processing your data?
What exactly are Cookies?
Cookies are small, simple text files that your computer or mobile device stores when you use our website. This is necessary to make the website work properly, but also to be able to make your targeted offers. In short, cookies are essential to provide you with the most pleasant website experience possible. There are also other similar techniques with which the same results are achieved.
What are the other cookie-like techniques?
Web beacons, Local and Session Storage and SDKs are standard internet techniques that, together with cookies, enable a system to collect and then send information. Cookies and other techniques are used in all web shops. By using these techniques, we can offer many advantages for you as a customer. For example, we ensure that:
- Shopping in the ZEAL Cycling BVweb shop becomes more fun and easier for you.
- When you visit our web shop, you do not always get the same information or need to enter it.
- We can make offers for you as personal as possible.
- We can measure how you use our web shop, and see where we can improve.
We can recognize which device you use when you visit our page, for example, to analyze and improve the functionality of the web store on each device.
Third party cookies
More in detail this means:
Functional or necessary cookies
Functional or necessary cookies ensure that the ZEAL Cycling BVwebsite works properly. Without these cookies, our shop will not work and we cannot help you in your search for the perfect product for you!
Think about this:
- Remembering and saving the items in your shopping cart,
- Stored browser settings so you can optimally view our shop on the screen used by you.
- The possibility to save your login details so that you do not have to enter them every time again.
- An even load on the website so that it is easily accessible and continues to work optimally.
Detecting possible abuse or problems in our web shop, for example by registering successive failed login attempts.
We use, with the help of third parties, analytical cookies to investigate shop usage. These statistics give us insight into how often we are visited and where we can improve our online store. This allows us to continuously optimize the experience with our website. Everything to ensure that you have a website experience that is as pleasant as possible and of course with a result that you want: the right product, for the right price. For this we store the following information about you:
- Technical features, such as the browser you use (including Chrome, Safari or Firefox), the resolution of your computer screen, your language preference and which device you use.
- From which page you came to our website.
- When and for how long you visit or use different pages on the website.
- If you use certain functionalities of the web shop. Placing an order or viewing previous purchases.
- Which pages you visit in our shop.
Which advertisements you have clicked on our website or in Google.
We use these cookies for example:
- To keep track of the number of visitors to our website;
- To determine in what order a visitor visits the different pages of our shop.
- This allows us to see how you visit our website, in order to make your journey through the website even better and more personal.
- To measure how long a visit takes.
- This allows us to see if we are providing the right information or made the right offer.
Advertising networks and media agencies act as intermediaries for web shops and advertisers. The marketing cookies of these parties make it possible that
- we can show you advertisements from third parties;
- our advertising partners may combine your preferences at zeal-cycling.com/.de/.nl/.cc with information they collect when you visit other websites.
For the cookies that these parties place for marketing purposes, please refer to the statements on the websites of these parties. Because the statements may change regularly, we recommend that you consult these privacy and cookie statements regularly. The following parties place cookies and/or other techniques on our website:
If you want to prevent us from storing cookies on your computer or smart phone, you can adjust your browser settings. You will then receive a warning before cookies are placed. You can also set your browser to reject all cookies or only third-party cookies. Cookies that have already been placed can also be easily deleted in the browser.
You must set each browser separately. Not only every browser but also on every device you use. However, we would like to make it clear that if you do not want to receive cookies, we cannot guarantee that our web shop will work properly. For example, the shopping cart may not work properly or you may not even be able to see certain pages at all.
Also, refusing all cookies does not mean that you will no longer see any advertisements. The ads will then only no longer be adapted to your interests and will therefore be repeated more often. This is because the system can no longer see which advertisement you have seen and which you have not seen. Would you still like to change the settings of your browser? Click on one of the links below to go directly to the manual of your browser or consult the help function of your browser if necessary.